Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Do You Hear What I Hear?

I jumped in my car Saturday morning, rustled around in my purse looking for my iPod, only to discover it was deader than a doornail, go figure you gotta actually charge those things every once in a while.

Guess I’ll have to listen to the radio, something I very rarely do unless there is a ball game on…So I flip the tuner to the first non-sports talk station I find and I’m completely floored……What’s this I hear? ……Jingle Bells? Grandma got run over by a reindeer?

Have I stepped into some time travel vortex in which I’ve speed traveled a month into the future? No, actually, the yahoo’s at this particular radio station decided that the day after Halloween was an appropriate time to start playing Christmas music 24/7.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I love a Christmas song as much as the next person but a full 8 weeks before the actual holiday is a bit much….don’t cha think? I mean I hadn’t even flossed out all the candy corn out of my teeth yet and they are wanting me to deck my halls with boughs of holly….. Personally I think there ought to be a one week minimum waiting period before the next holiday can even be mentioned, give our bodies a chance to come down from the sugar highs at least people……..sheeeeeeeze.
 
ss_blog_claim=b289af380b6060d9a4092120e0caa09a