Sunday, May 13, 2007


I smell something burning...humm what could it be...oh it's my boys burning up the American Leauge Central Division...Yup that's right, time for me to brag a little on my Tigers. I have to say they are giving it their all and not without their share of adversity this season. It's good to know they are actively proving their race for the World Series last season was not some cosmic joke, or fluke.

With Rogers being on the disable list till at least the all star game many felt that the team might not hold it together till he returned. Not so, the players stepped it up in his absence and have played good hard baseball all season long.

This past week another pitching fatality---Joel Zumaya, our 100 mph plus relief pitcher ruptured a tendon in his pitching hand requiring surgury. Another one bites the dust. And on a less serious note Jeremy Bonderman cut a finger on his pitching hand this week pulling him off the starting line up for tonight.

Regardless, the boys are currently in first place a game and a half ahead of the Indians. I don't care who you are, this division is tight. If you look at the other divisions in the American Leauge and watch the standings, neither one of the other divisions are duking it out back and forth daily for that coveted fist place position. It's what makes the game fun. Keep kicking ass!
Ce-Ce emailed me this pic of Pudge with the caption "Umm, could you remove your hand from my junk, I think you are enjoying this a little too much"
 
ss_blog_claim=b289af380b6060d9a4092120e0caa09a