Monday, May 14, 2007

Retirement

I have this one pair of jeans that I absolutely love, and well this weekend as I was pulling them out of the dryer to slide on I noticed that they’ve become precariously worn. Yep can see that their days are numbered, it’s kind of sad to think they will soon be so worn out that I won’t be able to wear them.
Although I don't quite understand why, I love my jeans and feel defined by them in a way I don't feel about any of my other clothes. Just putting them on - which I do everyday when I get home from work - makes me feel a little bit excited about life. And as pathetic as it sounds, Friday mornings just don’t feel as depressing when I know I can slide those puppies on with a pair of heels and head off to end the work week. It’s like a little incentive to make it through the day, and when it’s a payday then the pot is even sweeter.
Perhaps it's something to do with holding onto youth, because your first pair of proper jeans is a major rite of teenage passage. The designer jeans were the big thing when I was a teenager and well I have to admit I fell under the peer pressure to wear them, you know the ones that were guaranteed to make you look thinner, sexier, more intelligent. But my jeans of choice are now Levi’s, low riders, boot cut….I love these jeans! And they look fantastic on me if I do say so myself.



You might be thinking…just go buy another pair, well it’s not that simple, first it is a rarity to find that perfect pair of jeans, you know the one’s that fit you perfectly like a glove, flawless. And well finding another pair is basically a quest for the Holy Grail. Well not that dramatic but it is a task for sure. So I guess I know what is on the agenda for this weekend, let’s hope the jean God smiles on me.
 
ss_blog_claim=b289af380b6060d9a4092120e0caa09a